Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009 to everyone! I hope that you all have a wonderful and healthy year. This month is a special month for me because it is my Blogaversary month! To celebrate, every Sunday during the WIR I will be offering a stamp set to go with the winner's choice of card :) I want to thank all of you that take the time to stop by my blog for a visit. Because of you I have had over 61,000 hits on my blog in just one year!


Thank you to all of you that played along in this month's challenge! I had a hard time picking a winner so my DH said that we wanted to choose the winner for me. I have to tell you, I think that it may have just been a dream come true to see Matt browsing the gallery on SCS ;). Never in a million years did I see that coming lol!

The winner is: JOY STAGG! Congratulations Joy! Let me know which new release stamp set you would like and I will get that out to you. Matt chose this card by Joy because he liked how she used dictionary paper as her background for this card- it goes perfectly with this sentiment.

I had a few minutes to stamp today to stamp and wanted to play along in today's Ways to use it challenge. The challenge for today is to use something Silver in your card or project. I wanted to use the new Welcome Home set so I could try out the other door style that comes with this set. Don't let the detail of this set scare you away, it is actually really easy to color! I used regular colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits for this card. I like using colored pencils because it is so easy to shade and I love the watercolor look of it. I think for this card I only used a total of 5 colored pencils to color this image! I used my stardust gelly roll pen to color the windows, wreath, mail slot and door handle ( I LOVE my stardust gelly roll pens) and then added a little cream and gold ribbon to my silver spiral clip for a little extra sparkle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess Happy Blogaversary how exciting!!!!! Also congrats on your new releases. Your idea of adding free sets to the WIR is so generous (no surprise...lol). I wish you the best of luck with your blog and your business. Oh and one more thing congrats to the winner of the challenge and how awesome is your hubby ;-)

Love Ya
Debbie/Phx AZ

Emma Fewkes said...

Love your card Jessica ... so I bought the set! Thanks for putting your artwork out there for us to buy ~ wishing you a whole bucket load of success in 2009! Emma x

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome card!!! Congrats on all your blog hits, I hope you have a wonderful 2009!!

Christi Flores said...

Congrats to Joy and to you on your blogaversary!!! I am so glad I can share this with you! Your card is stunning!!

Lisa H. said...

great card! I love how you have used this set! great coloring and the embossing looks great with it. Happy New Year!

Kim P said...

Happy Blogaversary, Jessica! I'm sure there will be many more...you are SO talented!!

Love this card...the coloring is so soft. I have never seen mineral spirits, let alone use them! LOL! Looks like something I should try in the new year!!!