Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sympathy card

I needed to make a card for Matt's former boss because we just found out that his sister had passed away from cancer. He was with her every step of the way and I could only imagine how difficult this is for him. Sympathy cards are the hardest to make and I never know what to say in times like these.

I used the set Here For You. The sentiments that come with this set are beautiful and heartfelt and perfect for making these difficult times. I used this inspiration piece from the SCS inspiration challenge for my card-





My Card:

Supplies: Stamps-Here For You (There She Goes). Paper- kraft, very vanilla, river rock, unknown DP. Ink- sahara sand, momento tuxedo black, river rock. Accessories- Ribbon, scallop corner punch, dimensionals, horizontal slit punch, stardust gelly roll pen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, soft and subtle!! I love it!! TFS! :)

Christi Flores said...

I am so sorry to hear about Matt's friends' sister. I cannot imagine having to go through something like that and I hope I never do. This set is perfect! What a gorgeous card!

Kim P said...

Beautiful card Jessica...soft and gentle. Great for a sympathy card.

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Oh Jess I am so sorry that you had to make this card but I am sure it will bring him and his family great comfort. Most espcially that you took the time to make the card by hand it really shows how much you care.

Debbie/Phx AZ