Thursday, January 15, 2009

My 2 1/2 hour card...

I sure wish all of the SCS challenges were posted the night before! My goal this year is to do as many of the challenges as possible (so that I'm actually stamping more) but when the challenges aren't posted in the evening, it takes me fooooorever to get my card done and posted. Do you see how simple my card for today is? It has taken me 2 1/2 HOURS to get this on here! I blame it all on the kids........... :)

For today's challenge I played along with Kristina Werner's color challenge for the very first time. (I know, what took me so long?!) She has an amazing blog with lots of good stuff to look at :)

The color challenge for this week is to use Ruby Red, Pretty In Pink, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White.






Like I said, I had to go super simple with this card since I had to get kids dressed, lunch packed, breakfast made and all of that other morning chaos type of stuff. I used the heart and sentiment from the set LOL Taglines. I love this saying, sometimes it is all too true ;)
Supplies: Stamps- LOL Taglines (There She Goes0. Paper- Ruby red, pumpkin pie,Pretty in Pink, white. Ink- Momento Tuxedo black, Ruby red, pumpkin pie,Pretty in Pink. Accessories- Blender pen, scallop corner punch, stardust gelly roll pen, dimensionals.

6 comments:

Becky Sorensen said...

What a hoot! I love this card. This is a great stamp set.
hugs,

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!

Unknown said...

Love the card, Jessica!! The popped flaming hearts (creative!!) are so perfect for the color challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
This card is so beautiful. simple but to the point.
I do have a question, where do u get that corner punch? I see you use it on so many cards and was wondering where it's from.

Christi Flores said...

I love this Jessica!! All of my cards take that long because I can't beat my kids getting up and then am too exhausted at night! LOL Thus is the life of a stamping mom I guess. :)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Great job on this challenge Jess. I also made a promise to myself to try to do a challenge as often as I can to stamp more.

Right now I am still working on the Cards for Kids Valentine cards and it is helping me to stamp every day and I love making Valentine cards.

As for this Friday find Faith did an awesome job she is always so creative. It is also good to see you back. Take care and TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ