Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sneak Peek: Roses & Chocolate

I needed some ideas for a Valentine set so I asked my good friend Faith if she had any ideas for what she would like to see in one. She gave me an awesome list of things and I got to work. I love how this set turned out and it's perfect for all of your love projects!!

This first card I made uses 5 of the 11 stamps that come in this set. (3 on the front and 1 on the inside) My friend Kelli came over the other night to stamp and hang out and if that wasn't enough she came with gifts for me!! She gave me four mini paper packs of Basic Grey paper! They are all fabulous and I couldn't wait to cut into them :) I borrowed her Top Note Die and cut out a piece of Riding Hood Red paper. I then cut out (using the same die) a strip of the Basic Grey paper (from the Bittersweet pack) for the bottom. After I had the two adhered together I used my rectangle scallop nestabilities in the middle and raised the whole panel on dimentionals over the pink layer. I stamped the lips in Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red in a random pattern and then stamped the sentiment in black. I stamped the banner onto some brown Basic Grey paper, cut it out and raised it up on dimensionals as well.

On the inside of the card I added a few layers and the hearts to the corner for a nice touch. The heart were stamped on Basic Grey paper, cut out, and edges colored with a white gel pen.

One of the great things about this set is the LARGE box of chocolates, which is one of the things that Faith requested. The size is about 3 1/8" w x 3" h and I love how it is the focal point of this card! For the corrugated panels, I just ran my cardstock through my paper crimper. Super simple, but gives great visual appeal. The image was colored with a blender pen and ink pads, cut out and raised by dimensionals.
For the inside of the card I stamped a couple of the single chocolates in the corner and colored them in the same way. Added a sentiment and that's it! The sentiment reads: For you see each dayI love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.~Rosemonde Gerard
Make sure you stop by the other DT member's blogs to see their sneak peeks using this set!

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Pretty!! I love this new set!

Anonymous said...

Jessica - your cards are awesome!!! This Set is soooo yummy and a perfect for V-day!!!

Unknown said...

The both cards are sooo beautiful, Jessica! The little stamps are really cute and I'm gonna use a lot!!
Have a great day!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous cards...sweet stamps!

Kelli Hull said...

Looks like ANOTHER winner... NOW I have ideas for my set.... Your DT SOOO rocks!!!!

Christi Flores said...

Oohhh gorgeous!!!!!!

Julie said...

WOW, these are SOOO beautiful, Jessica. I love how you cut the Nestie from the Top Note die...just perfect design!! :)

Connie M. said...

These are just so adorable! Love the new sets, Jessica!

Anonymous said...

You are making it so hard to wait for the release to buy your sets!

Jessie/knightrone said...

ACCKKK...LOVING the new sets!! I can't wait!!

Kim P said...

Oh what a perfect set for Valentines!! Wish list is growing!!