Saturday, January 24, 2009

Inspirational bird

Hellloooooooo! Hooray for Saturday! I'm looking forward to relaxing and spending lots of time in my craft room. Oh wait, I have 3 crazy little girls so that's probably not going to happen LOL! A gal can dream right?

When I saw this inspiration piece on Splitcoast, I fell in love! I love these gorgeous colors together and it definitely got me wanting to stamp.












I needed to make a thank you card for my dad and wonderful step mom and this turned out perfect! I used the bird on a branch from the set Here For You (LOVE that bird!!) and the Thanks stamp from the mini set Branches both by TSG. I stamped the bird and thanks in chocolate chip craft ink. I think that craft ink is great to use with clear stamps because you don't get that "beading" that can sometimes happen with water based inks. The blue panel was made by running a piece of Baja Blue piece of paper through the cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder and lightly sponging some close to cocoa ink on top. I added some ribbon and brads and that's it!Stamps: Here For You & Branches (There She Goes). Paper- chocolate chip, baja blue, very vanilla. Ink-chocolate chip craft ink, close to cocoa. Accessories- brads, ribbon, swiss dots embossing folder, sponge.

9 comments:

Betty J Schaub said...

Beautiful! I'm sure your folks will love it!

Denise Marzec said...

FANTASTIC job with the inspiration piece! Gorgeous card!

Christi Flores said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is perfect for the inspiration challenge...I love it!!

Anonymous said...

ooo so pretty.The card is so serene!

I love that bird set... hmmmm.. I think I need to get it.

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

This card is so lovely and elegant Jess I love all the different textures. I am also fond of this color combo. Have a wonderful weekend.

Love Ya
Debbie

Stephanie Hargis said...

Oh Jessica! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it! :D

Debby said...

This is beautiful Jessica.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous creation!! Love this!! ;)