Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cake is always an inspiration :)

Did you guys see the inspiration challenge on SCS today? It was these beautiful cakes by Cake Nouveau. You should see these amazing cakes, although I have a hard time actually eating one of these beauties lol!



Here is the cake that I chose for my inspiration.









My Card:
The images I used for this card are from the brand new set Special Delivery. I colored the images with colored pencils and blended them with odorless mineral spirits. It's hard to tell from this picture but the package is popped up on mini dimensionals. I hate to admit that this card took way longer than I had anticipated. Funny how that works out huh? :)

Inside of card:
Supplies: Stamps- Special Delivery (There She Goes). Paper- Chocolate chip, sage shadow, white. Ink- Momento tuxedo black, sage shadow. Accessories- Corner rounder, ribbon, cuttlebug embossing folder, makeup sponge, dimensionals, colored pencils, odorless mineral spirits, prima flowers, silver brads.


6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Awww, Jessica, this is beeeeeautiful! Love the colors and the scattering of primas.

...that cake in the inspiration piece is amazing too. Might have to check out the IC today.

Kim P said...

Jessica, this is wonderful! I can't wait to get the stamps I ordered yesterday. I made a New Year's Resolution to stamp more, not just buy stuff!! LOL!

I never did find a corner scallop punch like you use. If you ever get tired of yours... *wink*

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted to see you've taken your inspriation from my daughter Courtney's cake! She's the owner and pastry chef of Cake Nouveau in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Your card is absolutely beautiful! I'll make sure she sees it!
Linda

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Jess I love the cake that you chose for this challenge. I am with you about not being able to cut into this cake.

This card is beautiful I love the way you brought the flowers into it. Also popping up the package is a nice touch. As usual you finished the inside of the card which always takes your cards to the next level.

Hope you and your family have a great weekend and TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Christi Flores said...

Your card is gorgeous and that cake looks so YUMMY!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!!