Saturday, May 23, 2009

The weekend is here!

I don't know about you guys but I am sooo happy that the long weekend is finally here! The weather is supposed to be nice and we have lots of fun stuff planned :)

But before we go on our fishing expedition for today, I wanted to share this card with you guys that I made for one of my stampin friends. This is one of the cards I made when I was on my butterfly kick in case you couldn't tell ;)
The card is pretty self explanatory. I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for the light purple layer. I stamped the butterflies first on the white layer and colored with copic markers and then stamped the butterflies again on a separate piece of paper, colored with copics, cut out and glued just the bodies down on top of the other butterflies. I gently bent the wings back to give the illusion that that they were flying.

I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!



5 comments:

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Oh Jess this card is amazing I just love the butterflies and I am really enjoying your butterfly phase. Keep up the good work and I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.

Love You
Debbie

Joanne (jojot) said...

simple elegance.....so pretty

Jessie/knightrone said...

So beautiful!! Hope you all are having fun!!

Diane said...

Beautiful, Jessica! I love purple so it got my attention right away. i love the butterflies, so detailed. Great job.

Michelle said...

Simply beautiful! I love how the butterflies look like they're ready to fly off.