Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It feels like forever

Since I've done an SCS sketch challenge! I was happy to see it posted last night at a decent time so that I could play along :) Of course now that I can do a sketch challenge, it just happens to be a pretty complicated one lol! When ever that happens, I usually try to go matchy-matchy to downplay the number of layers used. Would you believe that this card has close to 15 layers on it?! I used the new set Happy Day and cut out part of the tree to make a nest for the bird. The sentiment goes perfect with the DP I used (thanks again Kelli for all of the great DP you gave me!). It's hard to tell from the picture but I added some sparkle to the nest. I couldn't help it, my youngest inspired me by coming down from her room (an hour and a half after we put her to bed!) covered head to toe in super fine purple glitter. Oh my... I calmly asked her where she got the glitter from and I followed her upstairs. Apparently, she found a couple containers of fine glitter in an old make up bag that was in the back of one of the bathroom drawers. Leave it to the 3 year old to find that lol! I didn't have it in my heart to reprimand her like that- she was so cute and sparkly ;)

Sorry I don't have a Stampbook Page for you guys today, it totally slipped my mind this week. If I can get one done in the next couple of days, I will post it for you!

I hope you guys have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

hahaha, sounds like something that would happen in my house, and i have boys! Your card is adorable!

Crystal said...

WOW love your card, its beautiful...love how you popped it up and what fabulous colors!!!