Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stampbooking Wednesday

Happy Stampbook Wednesday!


As soon as I saw this card made by Maki, I knew that I had to turn it into a Stampbook Page! Unfortunately I had the perfect need for it as well.
Over the last few months, my best friend Dani and I have been back in touch with one of our very best friends from years ago, Chance. He had gone through quite a bit of health issues over the years that Dani and I had lost contact with him and sadly, they have started to return. He was hospitalized last week for pneumonia and then moved to the ICU with a collapsed lung. I made these two pages for him (size 8x10 to fit in a standard size picture frame) to put in his hospital room. Dani and I spent most of the day there on Friday and it was nice just to be there for him.

He is out of the hospital now and taking it easy at home but isn't out of the woods yet. I normally don't do this, but if you could take a moment to say a quick prayer for Chance, I would greatly appreciate it!! He has always been like a brother to me and to this day, his mom still refers to Dani and I as "the girls".

I went through one of my old photo albums and came across this picture of me and Chance. Of course it had to be one where he happened to have a huge black eye from rough housing with a friend *insert eye roll*. We were 18 and 17 in this picture. Was it really that long ago???
The stamps used for this page are from the set Nature Of Friendship and the DP is from SU. These colors are so great together! I also added some rhinestones to the flowers above the sentiments as well as randomly on the stamped images.

I made this page using a recent picture of Dani and I together. I loved how these turned out so much that I most likely will be making a duplicate copy for myself.

I used the same supplies for this page but this sentiment is from the set Friendship Flowers.

7 comments:

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Jess this is such a lovely tribute to your friendship with Chance. I will keep him in my prayers. How nice that you have connected with him. With our busy we sometimes lose touch with people but we are often given a second chance to get them back in our lives. You are a good friend and it sounds like he needs that right now.

Love You
Debbie

Unknown said...

Oh Jessica, these scrapbook layouts are so beautiful!! Thank you for using my card as a guide.
Love your story about your old friend, too. I'm praying for him and you.

Christi Flores said...

I love them both! Fantastic job!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous Jessica!! I will continue to pray!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...this is such a meaningful page and with such a lovely design....amazing how those images are so versatile

Julie said...

Jessica this scrapbook page is just gorgeous! What a touching tribute to a good friend! :)

Jen Tapler said...

beautiful Jessica!! Love how these turned out and I'll definitely be thinking lots of positive thoughts for your friend! Wishing him the best!