Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Flutter by butterfly...

First item of business, this week's WIR winner!

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:4
Timestamp: 2009-05-12 07:02:05 UTC

Comment #4- Susan

Susan said...
Yikes! Am I first to post??? What beautiful cards!
Sunday, May 10, 2009

Well, Susan wasn't the first to post but since I have comment moderation on it looked like she was :) Congrats Susan! Email me your info and which card you would like and that will be sent right out to you.
***********************
Here is the card that I made for the SCS color challenge which was to use Summer Sun, Only Orange and Kiwi Kiss. I had great plans for this card but for some reason I just couldn't quite pull it together.

So since I wasn't 100% satisfied with it, I decided to make another one. I used the same stamp set (it was already out, so why not?) Butterfly Happiness.
I stamped the butterflies in Momento Tuxedo Black on the main white layer and colored them in using Copic markers. I then stamped them again on another piece of scrap white CS, colored, added some sparkle with my Deco glitter pen, cut them out, curled the wings with my finger and glued just the bodies down with some good ol' Aleens. I know that there probably aren't any greenish butterflies like this in the wild but admit it, you kinda like that pukey green color don't ya? ;) I punched the corners using my trusty Scallop Corner punch made by Marvy, taped everything together, decorated the inside to match and I was done. Two cards in one night, it's been quite awhile since I've done that lol!


Stay tuned tomorrow for Stampbook Wednesday, I have a very special double feature just for you :)

9 comments:

Kristyn said...

AWWW! Both cards are so pretty :-) Though you don't like it I think the first is my fav of the two :-D Great Job!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Holy cow girl!! These are stunning!!

Joani McDonald said...

I found you thru Gabby's site and glad I did. I think that I'm going to be a regular "stalker" from now on!
Hugs,
Joani

Christi Flores said...

I was just admiring these in the SCS gallery. They both are amazing!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

these are both fabulous.....on the one with the big note....how did you cut the smaller notes....is there a die I missed.....?????

Unknown said...

Holy cow is right!!These cards are absolutely gorgeous!! Wow!!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Great job with both cards. I adore the poped up butter flies they are so lovely. Great job Jess.

Love You
Debbie

Debby said...

GORGEOUS! I love everything you do and again you have THE MOST TALENTED design team around.

Lisa H. said...

both cards are stunning, BUT that second one is breath taking! wow!