Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stampbook Wednesday!

I have been in such a butterfly mood lately ever since I pulled out my Butterfly Happiness set out to make last weeks color challenge card! I forgot how much fun they are to color. I based today's Stampbook Page loosely off of the card that I made last week but changed the colors. In fact, I added all of the colors of the rainbow :) After I knew what set I was going to use, I started searching for just the right pictures. I came across these pictures I took of Chloe (my nature child) last summer holding a butterfly that wasn't able to fly. We had done a study about butterflies and I got the girls a butterfly kit so that they could experience the entire life cycle of a butterfly. They enjoyed this project so much and I'm sure we will do another one this summer.I first stamped the butterflies on a separate piece of white paper, colored them in using colored pencils and cut them out. I matted the pictures on black cardstock so that they would stand out from the white background and used dimensionals to adhere them to it. I arranged the butterflies around the pictures and then glued them down with Aleen's. The sentiment is absolutely perfect for this Stampbook Page! At first, I had stamped the sentiment on a white panel that I had cut out using nesties but it was too much so I simply stamped the sentiment right onto the background layer which was just the right touch. It still needed a little something I added some color coordinating sequins. I didn't have any in orange or yellow (how can that be?? I have a TON of those things!) so I improvised and used my copic markers and colored some silver sequins. Worked like a charm :)

Here are some close ups of the dimension and sparkle on this page-

Have a great day everyone and I hope you make time to stamp a little something today!

5 comments:

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Oh Jess I love this page the layout is awesome and the butterflies are so beautiful Great job!!!

Love You
Debbie

Christi Flores said...

Oh WOW!!!! This is gorgeous!!!

Maureen said...

OMGoodness!! This is just totally amazing!!! What a work of ART!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my GOSH, I just LOOOOOOOVE the rainbow butterfly trail. I gotta try that!!

Julie said...

Holy cow Jess this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the 'rainbow' of butterflies! :)