Monday, December 15, 2008

It's been awhile....

Since I've read a good book. I just haven't had the time! So when my gramma brought over The Pillars Of The Earth, I let it sit on the book shelf for a few days. To be honest, I was a little intimidated by the size of it. Have you seen that book? It's HUGE! Well a couple of days ago, I picked it up and started reading and have had a hard time putting it down since. It is such a great book, very well written and a pretty easy read. You should check it out if you get the chance! I have a feeling that it is going to be among The Red Tent and The Good Earth as my favorite books.

Ok, so on to this weeks WIR winner-
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:12
Timestamp: 2008-12-15 19:22:04 UTC

Comment #12 is-
kat said...
WOW! What an excellent display to choose from this week!
Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kat, please email me and let me know which card you would like to be sent to you!

So, even though I've been having a hard time putting my new book down, I've still had to make time for "work" ;) The girls and I spent some time in the craft room (which I LOVE by the way) and I made three cards using one piece of DP by Tinkering. This paper is just beautiful! I used the set Let's Get Together by There She Goes. I have been having so much fun with this set and I love how I can have the cups coordinate the cups to match the papers that I use.

For the cup, I colored the lid with a white gel pen and paper crimped the "band" around the cup to give it some texture. I used dimensionals to adhere the cup to the oval nestabilities layer which is also on dimensionals. What can I say, I love layers, depth and textures lol! The band across my card is made by using the SU scallop punch and then adding a piece of paper crimped very vanilla card stock.

Supplies: Stamps-Let's Get Together (There She Goes). Paper- Sage Shadow, very vanilla, chocolate chip, very vanilla. Ink- momento tuxedo black, close to cocoa, sage shadow. Accessories- Nestabilities, dimensionals, paper crimpler, scallop punch, scallop corner punch, brads, white gel pen.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess what a great card and so many great details. I am glsd you are starting to feel better and also that you are taking some me time to read. Have a great week and TFS.

Congrats to this weeks winner.

Debbie /Phx AZ

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous Jessica!! Wow!! Congrats to this week's winner!!

Tracey said...

Such a fabulous card!!

Angela said...

Hey, I'm reading The Red Tent right now! Loving it so far...

Great card! I was hoping to make something with that set tonight but I'm freezing! Maybe I'll just stay under a blanket with my book ;)