Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Color Challenge

I love the color challenge on Splitcoast today! Basic black, Sahara sand and very vanilla. For today's challenge I used the new set Let's Get Together and the new mini set Polka Dot Fun. For the three main layers I used a corner rounder on two sides of the paper and ran the Sahara sand layer through my sewing machine. I stamped the to go cup on very vanilla paper and then colored it using Copic markers. I paper pieced the cup holder by stamping the image onto Sahara sand paper, shading it using Copic markers. I cut that out and then used a glue stick to add it to the to go cup. I stamped the image in the circle onto very vanilla paper and added that to the Sahara sand paper. The shadow under the cup is one of the oval stamps that is available in the Polka Dot Hello set (only $5 on the There She Goes website!) The coffee beans are stamped in Sahara sand directly onto the Sahara layer.

Supplies: Stamps- Let's Get Together, Polka Dot Hello (There She Goes). Paper- basic black, very vanilla, Sahara sand. Ink- momento tuxedo black. Accessories- copic markers, sewing machine, stardust gelly roll pen, corner rounder.



6 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute Jessica!!

Christi Flores said...

LOVE this card!! Wow! Ok, my address is...LOL :)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Great job on the challenge Jess love the way you used the oval for a shadow effect.

I must let you know how proud I was of you when I saw an add for you on SCS. Miss Jess you have arrived...lol. I hope your business will grow and grow in the next year coming.

Your Friend
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy!! Love that cuppa joe!! ;)

Connie M. said...

Very cute, Jessica! Love this coffee set!! All the minis are fantastic too!

Betty J Schaub said...

Neat-O card jessica! I don't have cardstock or patterned paper in that Sahara sand color. But you did an awesome job with the challenge.