Monday, December 8, 2008

DRS Designs Blog Challenge (Ornament)

It's another DRS Designs challenge week! The challenge this time around was to make an ornament. This was an easy challenge for me since I was already planning on making some with the girls. If you would like to play in this challenge, just add the words DRSC10 to your upload keywords.

For my ornament, I stamped some home made clay (that could be baked) with this adorable mitten from DRS Designs. I then cut it out using a sharp knife and baked it for about an hour. To paint it, I just used a glossy acrylic paint. I didn't want the mitten totally covered in paint so I carefully brushed it on just enough to make the texture stand out. I then made a matching card and attached the ornament by hanging it from brads. I love the way that this turned out and think that it would be a great project for family and friends.

For the girls ornaments, I just let them use small cookie cutters to cut their shapes out. I then used a small letter stamp to stamp their initials into the clay so we knew who's was who's. They had so much fun painting and actually did really well! We only had a little bit of paint that didn't end up on the ornaments ;) Now our tree has lots of beautiful red ornaments hanging on it that we will always cherish.
****************************

And of course here is this weeks WIR winner! -
Here are your random numbers:18
Timestamp: 2008-12-08 16:53:39 UTC

Comment number 18-
Lastel said...
What a fabulous bunch of cards , what a tough choice it will be for the winner !
Sunday, December 07, 2008

Congrats Lastel! Let me know which card you would like and that will be sent off to you!


3 comments:

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Jess I love this project!!! With the way things are right now it is time to get back to the basics for gift giving and this fits the bill.

Congrats to the WIR winner and I agree it will be a hard choice to pick just one.

Have a great day and TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Christi Flores said...

What a gorgeous project!! Wow!! Congrats to this week's WIR winner!!

Lastel said...

What a cute project ! Thanks for picking me as this weeks WIR winner ! I will email you with my choice .