Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jelly Jar Tutorial and Mailboxes

I don't know about you guys but every time that I see those Goober jelly jars by Smuckers, my mind takes off about how I can alter them! Here is a quick idea that I came up with to decorate one.




Supplies- Goober Jelly Jar (thoroughly cleaned and label removed)
Glittery Valentine Rub Ons (found for $1 at Michaels)
Scallop punch
Circle punch
Gelly Roll Stardust pen




Step 1- Apply scallop and circle punches to lid of jar. Color with stardust pen for extra sparkle.



Step 2- Apply rub ons




Finished! How quick and easy was that??










If you remember the pictures of my craft room, I showed a big bin of alterable items and also two shelves that held alterable items and supplies that I wanted to use by Valentine's day. Well, I have altered everything by a picture frame and the supplies will be used when I'm done making valentine cards for my family. It feels so good to complete something that I set out to do! I will be adding more stuff to those shelves on Monday and will take a picture.
Here are the mailboxes that finally got finished! There are a total of seven. Five for my family and two for my friend and her baby boy that will be staying with us for awhile. They are going to be used to put special valentine's in.
I used THIS wonderful tutorial by Emily

1 comment:

The Crafty Chik said...

Great idea! I have a salsa jar that same with a red lid that I was going to do something simliar with for V-day! I love your blog and your great ideas!