Friday, June 20, 2008

Dollar Find Friday (washer embellishment)

Today's project is not an original idea but I can't for the life of me find where I got it from! If anyone knows, please let me know so I can give credit where it is due!



Supplies-
Rub ons
Diamond Glaze (Crystal effects)
Metal Washers









Step 1- Using a bone folder (or popsicle stick) adhere your rub on to the metal washer.





















Step 2- Add diamond glaze on top of the washer and let dry completely. I let mine dry over night.









All done! (Sorry for the blurry picture!) I haven't made a card sample using this embellishment yet but I would love to see what you guys do with yours! Send me a link in my comments so that I can check it out.











Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun idea!! TFS! I love your blog. Your cards are gorgeous!

Lorie said...

What an interesting idea! What are you going to do with yours?

Lesly said...

What a neat idea. I have to go to Lowe's anyway, so I'll see what I can find. Thank you!

Lorraine said...

what a great idea. tfs!

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I saw something like this and the person used leather cord and made a necklace with the finished product! What a great pre-teen project that would make for say a slumber party!
Thanks for all of your fun friday projects!
Amy

Kristine said...

CUTE! I never wouldda thought of that ;P THANKS so much for all your terrific "FINDS" and awesome cards. You are one talented chic!!

Michelle said...

Now THAT is a cool idea!

jamielady said...

Just the other day I was playing around w/ washers and rub-ons too! GMTA! I didnt think of adding the dimensioanl glaze over the top. I made embellishments, necklaces and more. I also inked some of them w/ staz-on for an aged funky look for a young guys journal I made as an embellishment. I layered different pieces and it turned out great! When I was at the hardware store the older man who owned it and asked if I needed help when I was looking thru all the drawers of cool stuff...I said no Im just looking for creative stuff! He looked at me like I was nuts!! LOL
Love your Blog!!
Jamie