Thursday, February 24, 2011

Flying By / Good Times Sneak Peeks!

Today is the last day of sneak peeks and we've got two more cute sets to show off! If you made your way here from Iwona's blog, you are on the right track :) If not, you may want to head over to the TSG Blog for all of the info about this Blog Hop Challenge as well as to find out how you can win both sets being shown today!!
 “Good Times” is illustrated by Torico and is a 4X6 stamp set that includes a total of 11 stamps and will sell for $15.

I love one of the sentiments included in the Good Times stamp set so much that I wanted to use it as my background for this card lol! It says 'Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.' One of the great things about this sentiment stamp is that when stamped in a 'staggered' fashion, the words line up to create one long line instead of the original 3 on the stamp! For my image, I stamped this cute little bunny onto white cardstock, colored with Prismacolor Pencils, blended with OMS before cutting out and adhering to the card base with dimensionals. I added a white layer to the inside of the card and stamped the sentiment inside as well.
*********************************
“Flying By” is a 3X4 stamp set that includes a total of 5 stamps and will sell for $7.
I love this cute mini set illustrated by Iwona! My friend Kelli gave me the idea of using real twine for the balloon strings and I couldn't wait to try it out! I first started with a simple card base out of Soft Sky cardstock with a layer of sky designer paper that was sponged, stitched and adhered on top. The image was stamped onto a separate piece of cardstock, colored with Prismacolor pencils, blended with OMS and cut out. I used a paper piercer to poke a few holes right under the line of her hand so that I could feed the twine through. I used a tiny bit of sticky tape on the wrist to tack down the twine and keep it in place. I then adhered the other end of the twine onto the balloons before adhering the entire image to the card base with dimensionals. I added a bit of Diamond Glaze to the balloons for extra dimension.

Funny story: While I was waiting for the balloons to dry, I put them in my light box with the lights turned on. While I had my back turned, Chloe came in and for some reason was drawn to touch the balloons to see if they were wet. Thankfully it was dry enough that no real damage happened and just a fingerprint was left. Then Matt came in and while I was in the midst of telling him what Chloe did, he poked the same balloon and put a bigger dent in it lol! I've decided to just stamp when the family is asleep from now on ;)
If you have actually stuck with me through my journal of an entry thanks lol! Now head on over to Jessie's blog to see what eye candy she has for you :)

29 comments:

Heather said...

Absolutely adorable, I love that little bunny and your background is perfect :)

Torico said...

Ha ha! Your story has made me smile.:)
Both cards are so adorable. Your stamping for the background is perfect as always.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Both are so cute, I especially love the balloon strings! I'm glad the balloons resisted all that poking, lol!

Susie said...

Totally love the design of each card. Your coloring is fabulous.

Elena said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Very unique cards! Love your ideas with the stamped backgrounds! Love your style! Fantastic blog hop!

Stephanie said...

Very sweet cards.

Angela Thomas said...

LOL Love the story about the fingerprints. Gorgeous cards girlie!

Donna Baker said...

I adore that bunny!!

Renee V said...

These are adorable, I especially love the balloon story *and card*!!!!

Julie said...

They are both beautiful, Jessica!

Crafty Math Chick said...

AWWW, such a sweet story (I do this myself all the time - 'is it dry yet? Oops!' LOL! These are terrific Jessica. You cut out the adorable bunny image PERFECTLY (jaw drop) and I like the background DP you created with the sentiments. I love the twine stringed balloons in the second card too. SO excited for the release Saturday night! EEEEEEE!
~Meredith

Pat said...

Well, no wonder they poked at the balloons... they are so real... cute story!!! Love your cards... cute little bun-bun!

Brook said...

Cute cards. Love the sentiment stamped background on the first one!

Anita said...

Amazing cards!

Jackie said...

Oh these cards are just fabulous! I love the colors and the layouts....so sweet!

Tanya said...

These are fantastic! And I LOVE that you used Prismacolor pencils, that's all that I have, beautiful.

ChristineCreations said...

Love how you've on in opposite directions with both of these cards....oh these new sets are doing me in Jessica!

sammi said...

Adorable cards! I'm glad your balloons survived the double poking! LOL

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Jess.
Love the way you did the bunny card. Great background. So cute

Marie Bingaman said...

Very cute cards! Love the funny story too, hehehehe! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, things keep getting cuter and cuter....any room on the team??? I can ass kiss if needed....MWAH!!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Awesome cards, Jessica! Love the long shape!

Tania said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Jo said...

I love how you highlighted the images by making the rest of the cards simple.

Shirley N said...

So adorable! Love the simplicity of these two cards!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your clean designs.
I love both of these cards! And I so love TSG stamps!!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Love, love, loveeee the red card!

Elizabeth Bracco said...

WOW!! What attention to detail. The stamps are so beautiful as the focal points. :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Kids...men....ugh!! LOL!! You are lucky to have both though, coming from the kidless, singular girl!! I LOVE both of these, and the balloons look wonderful!!