Monday, November 9, 2009

TSG28- Chipboard Fun!

It's Monday again and I hope that you all got to enjoy your weekends. I was hoping to have at least one day to sleep in past 8:00 but not this weekend lol! Guess I'll just have to start the count down to next weekend ;)

This week TSG has a fun challenge for you and it's all about chipboard! Chipboard comes in all shapes and sizes and you can either make it yourself or buy it already decorated for you. For all the details on this challenge you can check out the TSG Blog! For my card today, I made my own simple chipboard embellishment to go behind my sentiment.

I stamped my background in Sahara Sand on Kraft CS. The penguins were stamped on white CS and colored in with a blender pen and ink from SU ink pads. I cut each of the penguins out and adhered the to the card base with dimensionals. I used an SU punch on white CS, stamped my sentiment, and added two rhinestones before I added it to my chipboard embellishment with dimensionals. I then added that to the card base with more dimensionals.

This is one of my holiday cards (I am trying desperately to build up my Christmas card stash early lol!) so I made a Knutsen family of penguins :) We love fishing in our house so it was only natural that papa penguin is holding his fishing pole!
To make my chipboard embellishment I ran a thin piece of cardboard through my Cuttlebug with a Nestablity circle and did the same thing with a piece of DP before I adhered them together. I then made a scallop circle with white CS and Nesties. I wanted the scallop layer to match the color of the penguin's hats so I colored it with my blender pen and ink :)

Card Recipe:
Stamps- Penguin Love
Paper- Kraft, white, DP by SEI
Ink- Momento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories- Blender Pen, SU Punch, Nestabilities, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

I hope you'll come back tomorrow to check out a fun project that I worked on this weekend that took me HOURS to finish!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I just love your subtle scene behind your penguins! So cute and your chipboard labels are great!

Michelle said...

Fantastic card! It's so cute and full of personality. I love it.