Sunday, January 27, 2008

Very first post!

Well you guys finally did it.... sucked me into the blogging world! I'm hoping that by having a blog I will be more apt to stamp everyday and to become better as an "artist". I have been going through a major slump lately and it has been so frustrating! I blame it all on Christmas and those pesky gifts that I just "had" to finish on time. Now that I have more time to just stamp for fun, it's hard for me to come up with results that I'm pleased with.

My first card is from Saturday's Splitcoast inspiration challenge. Here is the inspiration piece-


















Inspiration challenges can sometimes be difficult for me because I tend to take them literally. I'm sure you can tell my the card that I made ;).


Supplies used on this card: Stamps- (SU) Happy everything, Seeing Spots, Gorgeous Grapevine, Watercolor Minis, (TAC) Deco Designs, (STUDIO G) Clear. Ink- Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow, Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss, Black Stazon. Accessories- (SU markers) Not quite Navy, Mellow Moss, More Mustard, Corner Punch, Rhinestones, Sponge, Q-tip Paper-True Thyme, Non SU White


This second card was for today's Featured Stamper challenge. The featured stamper was the talented Stamping Pam. She has a beautiful gallery and it was difficult to find just one to case. The one that I chose is this adorable fish card-

















And here is my card-


Supplies used on this card- Stamps- (SU) Embrace Life. Ink- Ruby Red, Versamark. Accessories- Sewing machine, scallop punch, rhinestones, ribbon, circle punches, white embossing powder, dimentionals, stardust pen. Paper- Old Olive, Ruby Red, Ginger Blossom DP, Wintergreen DP

3 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Awesome job on the challenge. Welcome to the blogging world! I just LOVE it ... :0) Mel

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Welcome to the blogging world! You are off to an awesome start! Love your challenge cards. Each one are a mini piece of art.

:-)

Krystie Lee said...

Welcome to blogging! It's SO much fun!

The cards are gorgeous, I look forward to seeing more!