Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sketch Challenge

I just loved the sketch challenge over on Splitcoast today and couldn't wait to try it out.







I have had this paper by Basic Grey for months now and finally found a reason to use it. I think that it looks great with the ginger blossom from the set Embrace Life.



Supplies: Stamps- Embrace Life by SU, Crackle Background by TAC. Ink- Black stazon, Versamark, Blush blossom, Rose red. Paper- Lollipop Shoppe by Basic Grey, Black, White, Blush Blossom, Certainly celery. Accessories- Scallop punch, compass,
rhinestones, stardust pen, black embossing powder.

If you guys are anything like me, you probably have tons of designer papers that you "hoard". Lately I've been thinking about this. Why do we do this? What is the point in hoarding it?? Don't we buy these things with the intention of using them? My new self challenge is to use all of the things that have been just sitting in my craft room waiting to be used. There are always new "must have" products coming out, and I don't want these things to just sit on a shelf or in a box. I want to use them!


So tell me.... what kind of things do you buy and hoard? What is your reason for not using the beautiful things that surround you?

3 comments:

Keri Brown said...

OMG!! this is gorgeous hun.. great card.. i love it and your coloring is amazing... :)

Debbi said...

Wonderful! You're right the paper and stamps do go together very well. I tend to hoard my Pretties. I do not know why, there are ooodles in the kit and it is not as if I could not order more. Oh, well maybe I will grab the kit out tomorrow!!!

Lynn Put said...

Your card is beautiful, love the basic grey paper with this and the touch of bling in the corners is perfect!