Thursday, March 12, 2009

A little green recycling

It's been a busy morning! I've had lots of cleaning to do and when I was finally able to make this card the kids made sure to interrupt as much as possible ;) But I'm happy to say that it's finished and I love how elegant these colors look together!

So the challenge today was to reuse, recycle or use the color green. All of the cardstock on this card is made from scraps (including my card base!) and I used my favorite green- River Rock. Sigh... how I miss that color!
The papers I used were Close to cocoa, river rock and the DP is by SU (retired). I used my scallop border punch on the DP and then used my crop-o-dile on the scallops. For the main image I stamped the cross in river rock and the sentiment in close to cocoa craft ink and embossed with gold. I used the horizontal slot punch (I think that's the name?) in the main panel and carried the ribbon through it across the card. I tied a simple knot in the ribbon and that's it!

5 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I like the simplicity.

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

simply stunning....love it....

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely stunning.....so classy and elegant

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally fabulous!!