Friday, November 7, 2008

Dollar Find Friday (Maki- Tea box)

I am so excited to share this tutorial with you! Maki created a gorgeous project with the new Tea For Two set and I love it!

*****************
I went to Dollar Tree and found the wooden box as shown bellow. It was calling me to alter, lol. I hope you will like my altered tea box.

Supplies:
wooden box
stamps
acrylic paints
designer paper
inks
strong adhesive like sticky tape or glue dots
screw driver
die cuts, ribbons, copic markers (optional)
1. Disassemble the all hardware and set them aside.Paint the wooden box with the acrylic paints. You probably have to paint a few times.
2. After the paint are dry, adhere the designer paper to the back of the lid.The sticky tape works very well
3. Stamp the images and color them if you like.(I used Brilliance ink and Copic markers.)

4. This is how I decorated the lid.

FINISHED PRODUCT

8 comments:

Bunny B said...

Gorgeous project!

Denise Marzec said...

That's beautiful, Maki! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Jessica: AMAZING and SO BEAUTIFUL! I wouldn't have believed it was a Dollar Store find. Great Job! Kadie

Lori A. said...

How cute! What a great idea. I'll have to check out Dollar Tree today since it's payday. :)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

What a great project I love that the box was left in the natural wood state. This would make such a wonderful gift for just about anyone.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! This is fantastic!!!

Diane said...

WOW, Jessica! What a terrific idea. It looks gorgeous and you'd never know it was just a wood box when you started!

Anonymous said...

Love the tea box! I need to get to my dollar store and see what awesome things I can find to dress up