Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dollar Find Friday (Basket)

I'm sorry that this is getting posted so late! The weather here is absolutely gorgeous and my new neighbors and I spent most of the afternoon/early evening just sitting outside chatting while our girls played. Right next door is a 5 year old little girl named Kaely, and the house next to them is a 3 year old little girl named Kyrie. So all together there is Kylie, Chloe, Kayla, Kaely and Kyrie. Trying saying that 5 times fast lol! Have I mentioned how much I *LOVE* my new house and neighbors??? I could not have asked for a better place to live!!


So on to my project. Don't you love when you learn a new technique with supplies that you already own? I don't know about you guys, but I have a ton of 12x12 paper that I just had to have. Well a while back I was chatting with Laura over at splitcoast and she was talking about a basket tutorial that she had on her blog. They are made of one sheet of 12x12 paper and are so addicting to make!





Here is a picture of a couple that I made yesterday and today-




Aren't they gorgeous??? Think of all the different things that you could put inside of these! And don't forget about all of the beautiful papers out there! They may look a little intimidating but I can assure you that they are pretty simple to make. The only thing that I changed from Laura's tutorial was to use Sticky tape (instead of a glue stick) to adhere my paper strips while weaving. I found that the glue sick (and even regular mono adhesive) just weren't strong enough to hold it together nicely.

So check out Laura's tutorial HERE and make a beautiful basket of your own!



2 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

i <3 this idea and i'm so making a ton of them! thank you for sharing the tutorial link!

Anonymous said...

My daughter use to be a consultant for Longaberger Baskets. This is very much like the way they make theirs. Whether or not I would attempt to make one, we'll see. I'm not sure I have the patience. Yours looks fabulous.