Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hoo loves ya baby?

Hi everybody! I hope that you are all enjoying your weekend! So far mine has been a little bit crazy. Chloe's birthday party was on saturday and I think we had a total of 15 kids running around. It was nice because they had fun playing and the grown ups had fun chatting and eating yummy food :) Today we get to do it all over again because Matt's parents and my gramma are coming over. Then on Tuesday Kylie goes back to Children's hospital for another infusion and then finally we leave for vacation on Thursday! Wahoo!!!! I soooo could totally use a vacation right now ;)

After all of our visitors left after the party yesterday, I was able to finish up these five cards for a TSG swap on Splitcoast. As I was browsing the galleries looking for some inspiration, I came across this card made by jacynthe. As soon as I saw it, I couldn't wait to case it using the newly release set You're A Hoot illustrated by Torico!! This is such a fun and simple layout but I love how it came together so nicely.
10-10-10
*Stamp set used- You're A Hoot
*Create card base from Kraft cardstock
*Adhere strip of DP (K&Co. used here) to bottom of card base
*Adhere ribbon to top of DP and trim off excess
*Stamp sentiment on right side above ribbon
*Adhere button threaded with embroidery thread with a strip of ribbon to the ribbon strip
*Stamp owls onto card base
*Stamp owls on seperate piece of cardstock, color with prismacolor pencils blended with OMS, cut out and adhere to cardbase using dimensionals.
*Add Diamond Glaze to eyes

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE your adorable owl card!! (=

Crafty Math Chick said...

Very sweet owl card Jessica. I am glad Chloe had a happy birthday (and that you are getting to go on VACATION soon YEAH!). I can't believe I had to miss the FNC party - a neighbor called me to ask if I could watch his son for an hour, it was an emergency - he came home THREE house later... from a bar... (rolling eyes)
~Meredith

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super duper cute Jess!!!