Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hats off to you!

I hope that you are all enjoying your weekend! After more than a week of rainy weather we finally have some sunshine, wahoo! We are going to be spending the day at the beach with some close friends for a birthday party and I can't think of any other place I would rather be :)

Here is the card that I made for the birthday boy. I wanted to keep it clean and simple with a pop of color.

* All images/sentiments are from the set Make A Wish
*Top layer was die cut with Top Note by SU!
*Images stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black.
*Hats were stamped onto DP and cut out
*I added white fun flock to the top and bottom of hats but it is kind of hard to see in the picture
*Hats were adhered to top note die layer with dimensionals
*I used a SU punch for the sentiment layer and cut a flag type notch in one end
*Pierced holes and tied button to sentiment with embroidery thread
*Threaded embroidery thread the button once more to tie around the top note dye layer
*Top note die layer adhered to kraft card base using dimensionals

6-13-10

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Card Supplies:
Stamps- Make A Wish
Ink- Momento Tuxedo Black
Paper- Kraft, White, DP
Accessories- Top Note Die, Embroidery thread, button, dimensionals, swiss dots embossing folder, SU punch

2 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

Cute!! When I saw it on the WIR post, I thought it looked like Candy Corn!! I bet they will love it!
Enjoy the beach!! I'll pretend here on my MT prarie! lol

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute!!