Saturday, July 16, 2011

Domestic Goddess

Yay, the weekend is heeeeeeere! That means no more appointments for at least two days lol! I just finished another project yesterday that I just couldn't wait to share with you guys. I gotta admit, there has been more than one occasion when I've thought exactly what this domestic goddess is saying :D I have another scene planned out using the dad from Dadisms.

I used a total of 8 TSG stamp sets (see list below) on this 5x7 sized scene! All of the images were stamped onto Georgia Pacific cardstock (I prefer a thin cardstock with enough of a tooth for good blending when layering images), colored with Prismacolor pencils, blended with OMS, cut out and layered together using dimensionals before adhered to the main scene with dimensionals.

A couple of fun things I wanted to point out-
*Do you recognise the picture on the wall? The frame is from Home Sweet Home and the scene is actually from one of the windows included in the Once Upon A Time set!
*Take a close look at the laundry basket. In the process of layering all of the separate pieces together, I had the ridiculous idea of cutting out all of the holes in the basket with a craft blade. Gotta say, I think that it was worth the effort :)
*Instead of trying to cut out the telephone cord I decided to cut it off completely and used a textured nylon thread instead.
Domestic Goddess 
Stamps: Home Sweet Home, Welcome Home, Believe In You, Loads Of Fun, Domestic Goddess,She's A Lady, Puppy Love, Once Upon A Time
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Paper: DP scraps, Very vanilla, white cardstock
Accessories: Dimensionals, Prismacolor pencils, OMS

10 comments:

Piali said...

AWESome!!! Amazing...actually I don't have the perfect words for praise. OMG!! Can't even imagine how much effort & time you've put to create this wonderful masterpiece. When do you get the time to do this....You Rock!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

BWA ha ha! I totally can relate...what a hoot Jessica...and so beautifully pulled together. You are the master at creating a scene!

Anita said...

Wow! This is stunning! I love all the details. I have days like this too except I don't look as good as her.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOW! This is a masterpiece! LOVE all the images--what a great scene!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh...you kill me! This is fan-freakin-tastic!!

Corinna said...

I soooooo love this one! Girl, you are the best!

Crafty Cre8tions said...

So impressive!!!!

Renee VanEpps said...

This is so amazing, your coloring rocks!

Crafty Math Chick said...

FANTASTIC Jessica!! What set is the poodle from? I am embarrassed that I do not recognize it...
~Meredith

Atif said...

Use fantastic color combination i really like it...
Scratch Card Printing
discount card printing
Membership card printing