Saturday, April 4, 2009

Inspirational sketchy birthday

I have a couple of cards to share with you guys before we head out to my nephew's birthday party.

This first one I made for a combination of the SCS Inspiration challenge as well as for a fun sketch that Holly posted on the There She Goes PCP group. (Make sure you stop by and check it out!) This is the piece on the French Bull website that I chose for my inspiration piece. The bedding reminded me of this yummy Basic Grey paper :)
I absolutely LOVE this new Nestability shape! I am so happy that I preordered it :) All of the images used on this card are from the set Tweeterpated that was just released this week. The butterfly rhinestone in the corner was in my rhinestone organizer and I've had them for a long time.

This is the card that I made for my nephew. My BIL and SIL just got a new house on base (he's in the Air Force) and they have a back yard for the first time. My two nephews are so very excited to be able to go outside and play in their very own back yard :) So to help celebrate, we got him a bug vacuum lol! I know that our girls love hunting for bugs during the summer and I can't even tell you how many bug "habitats" they go through ;)

So to keep with the bug theme, I made this card using the cute little bee from the mini set Bug Me Anytime (only $5!) and the sentiment is from the new set Tweeterpated. The DP is by Basic Grey (of course).

I hope that you all have a wonderful day and I will see you here tomorrow for the Week In Review!

5 comments:

Betty J Schaub said...

JESSICA THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Julie said...

Beautiful Jessica! I'm blog surfing to hopefully find my mojo! :( Thanks for the inspiration!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Jess both cards are wonderful. The first card is just stunning. Your second card is adorable I think you know how I feel about that little bee. Your nephew will love it. I hope you all had fun at the party. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Love You
Debbie

Unknown said...

Both cards are so pretty, Jessica.
I'm in the same boat with Julie right now. Hope my mojo will be back later...

Kim P said...

oh my gosh! I LOVE both of these cards!!