Thursday, April 2, 2009

Better late than never right?

I had some time to stamp late last night so I thought that I would do a challenge since it's been a little while. I love the sketch challenge this week!
I went through my scrap files and came across this pretty blue double sided paper by Bo Bunny. I thought that the pretty french words on the background of the DP would be perfect for a "date night" kinda card ;) I used my sewing machine to sew a border around the main panel. The image is stamped and paper pieced on white cardstock that was cut out using a rectangle nestie. I added a scalloped layer behind that and popped it up on dimensionals. I thought it looked a little naked so I went through my embellishments and found these cute heart buttons that just happened to match the DP perfectly. I didn't even know I had those lol!

I also made a great "scenic" card using the new set Tastes Like Chicken, but you're gonna have to wait for another day to see that one ;)


Have a great day everyone and make sure you stop by Sherry's blog to see the cute card that she made using this new set!

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

love that dp you used.....to me it seems like a washed denim and perfect for a 'couple' card.....love your use of the sketch....