Saturday, November 19, 2011

Small Advent Box tutorial and print outs!

Yay for the weekend! I have a super busy day ahead but wanted to pop in and post this project that I have been working on for about a month!

Last week on the TSG blog I posted a tutorial and directions on how to make an advent calandar out of foam board. Today is another one of those tutorials but for a different size :) I made each of my girls an advent calendar and each one was completely different from the next. I still have to put together the directions for the last one but am hoping to get that done this week before Thanksgiving :)

I decorated the advent boxes so that there are numbers on one side and pictures on the other. The calandars start out with all of the number facing out. Then each day when the child takes out the contents of the box (I will share what I put in them with the next tutorial!) the turn the box around so that the picture is now showing.

Picture of the advent calendar number side up
Picture side up
Close up
Click on the images below to download each of the .pdf files showing you how to make your very own advent calendar!