Friday, June 19, 2009

DFF / TSG Challenge / Friday Chat!!

Welcome to another busy Friday everyone! First off, make sure you guys head over to Maki's blog where she has posted a Dollar Find Friday tutorial. Check out this adorable bag she made!

TSG Challenge
And of course today is the start of another TSG Challenge! Every Friday, There She Goes will host a new challenge.

This week's challenge is going to be another combo challenge. The main part of the challenge is going to be shadow stamping. This technique works best with silhouette type images. First stamp your main image then stamp again (without reinking your stamp) and stamp slightly beside the first image. This gives such a pretty effect as well as some dimension.

The second part of the challenge (which is for brownie points) is to make a gift card holder. With Father's Day just around the corner, these will definitely come in handy! You do not need to make a gift card holder to participate in this challenge, just make sure you have some shadow stamping somewhere on your card/project :) I have created a Gift Card Template so if you would like it email me with the subject "Gift Card Template" and I will send it to you!

When uploading your project to an online gallery, please use the keyword TSG10. Make sure you add your project here in the TSG forum with a link to your blog (or gallery) where the info is posted so we can all check it out :)

And here is the gift card holder I made.

These are super simple to make and a great way to have your gift card match the card you present it in. I cut out the middle of my gift card holder and replaced it with a piece of vellum that I stamped on (using Sahara Sand ink). I then went around the border with my sewing machine. I then assembled my holder and attached the Thank You layer. All images on this project are from the set Act Of Kindness.
Friday Night Chat
Don't forget about our Friday Night Chat! This week's chat will be from 6-8 PM Pacific time (but feel free to stop by anytime throughout the day as we will be in and out) HERE on the There She Goes forum. You need to register to be able to have access to the forum but signing up is quick and easy. I will be making a very special announcement tonight so if you would like to find out before everyone else, stop on by ;)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

1 comment:

NinaB said...

I'll try to be there on your Friday chat when I can get things finished around the house. I'm hosting a surprise party for my hubby tomorrow and we're expecting around 35 people. Yikes!